Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Environmentally Friendly Pencil


I found an interesting pencil which I would like to share with you. Actually, it has nothing to do with organics but it is an environmentally friendly pencil,

If you look closely on the picture above, you will see "SAVE FOREST PENCIL" labelling on the pencil.

It is made of recycled newspaper. I think it is manufactured by rolling up probably a single sheet of newspaper over a piece of graphite with glue in between. Then coated with a layer of paint with decorative drawings.

When I wrote or scribbled with it, I did not notice any significant differences as compared with conventional wooden pencils. The plus point is that it is much easier to sharpen and the shavings came off in bigger pieces.

I think it is a brilliant way of cycling newspapers.

That's all, a short one for today.